Sunday 25 November 2012

Week 3


Date: 10/10/2012

Start Time: 7:30

Finsih Time: 12:00
I started work at 7:30 and finished up around 12:00 this week as I had a hockey match to go to in the school.

Duties performed and observations:
When I first arrived in to the dental clinic, I changed into my white dental tunic I have been given, I then start to get the dental room ready for Ann-Marie's first patient. I have to prepare the mouthwash for after the patient's treatment, this is done by placing a disinfectant dental moutwash tablet into a plastic disposable cup and filling it with distilled water. I had to make about 15 of these mouthwash cups.
I was shown how to work the x-ray machine this week and how to read x-rays. I learnt how to see where there is decay in the tooth from reading an X-ray. 
I didn't encounter any difficulties this week, although I did have to ask once or twice where things were located in the surgery.
I observed all the work that happens in the dental clinic. I was based mostly in the surgery room with Ann-Marie. As we looked at different patients, Ann-Marie explained anything that she was doing (any procedures) and also what check ups she was doing.

Who I was working with:
I was working with Ann-Marie and Marrion, another dentist who also acts as the receptionist, this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment