Sunday 25 November 2012

Week 4


Date: 17/10/2012

Start Time7:30

Finish Time: 2:00

Duties performed:
When I first arrived in to the dental clinic, I changed into my white dental tunic I have been given, I then start to get the dental room ready for Ann-Marie's first patient. I have to prepare the mouthwash for after the patient's treatment, this is done by placing a disinfectant dental moutwash tablet into a plastic disposable cup and filling it with distilled water. I had to make about 15 of these mouthwash cups.
Later on, i was given the task of doing the post and buying stamps. I had to go down to the local shop and send off important letters & packages , i also bought stamps for the clinic so that other letters could be sent. When it came time for our morning break I was given money to go across the road to buy coffees for Ann-Marie and Marrion. I had to make sure to be careful with this money and remember twhat they wanted!
This week I was also given the responsilbility of letting patients in to the surgery, there is an intercom that the patients have to ring to be let in and I had to answer this. The first time I did this i forgot to aks ofr the patient's name but I remembered to this the next time.

Who I was working with:
I was working with Ann-Marie and Marrion (Ann-Marie's assistant) this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment