Wednesday 28 November 2012

Week 9


This week was really busy at Rathcoole dental surgery! It was probably one of my best weeks so far. I was aloud take all phone calls and make/change appointments, this was something I was not able to do before. I had to take the phone calls throughout the day.

I also had to make up 'take home' packs this week for patients who have had extractions done. These packs contain 3 buds of cotton gauze and instructions on how to clean the area your tooth has been extracted from. Once these packs are made they are put away onto the shelves and are later given out to people after their extractions.

 I had to make up the protective glasses the patient wears during their appointment. These glasses protect the patient from any harmful materials. The glasses are made up by sliding a clear sterilised plastic sheet onto another sterilised frame, they are then also placed onto shelves to be later used for patients!

I was pulling files this week aswell, I needed to look at the list of patients and then find their files in all the filing cabinets.

No comments:

Post a Comment