Sunday 25 November 2012

Week 6


Date: 7/11/2012

Start time: 7:30

Finish Time: 1:00

Duties performed:
I was working with Ann-Marie and Marrion (Ann-Marie's assistant) this week.
When I first arrived in to the dental clinic, I changed into my white dental tunic I have been given, I then start to get the dental room ready for Ann-Marie's first patient. I have to prepare the mouthwash for after the patient's treatment, this is done by placing a disinfectant dental moutwash tablet into a plastic disposable cup and filling it with distilled water. I had to make about 15 of these mouthwash cups.
This week at work experience some of the same things as last week. This week however i also learned how to work the appointments list in the office. The system in the dentist is very high-tech but it's really easy to use and is useful for the dentist there.
For the first part of my day, before my 10:00 break, I was working with the dentist, watching what she was doing and assisting her with small tasks. I helped to prepare the rooms before and after each patient comes in.
After break, I started to learn how to use the 'Apple' appointments system there and Marrion showed me how to speak on the phone and interact with customers. Marrion also showed me how to take appointment bookings.

Who I was working with:
I was working with Ann-Marie and Marrion (Ann-Marie's assistant) this week.

1 comment:

  1. Your posts are simply fabulous and inspiring . Thanks for the inspiration!

    Dental los angeles

    ReplyDelete