Sunday 25 November 2012

Week 5


Date: 24/10/2012

Start Time: 7:30

Finish Time: 2:00

Duties performed:
I was working with Ann-Marie and Marrion (Ann-Marie's assistant) this week.
When I first arrived in to the dental clinic, got the dental room ready for Ann-Marie's first patient. I had to prepare the mouthwash for after the patient's treatment like I had the week before.
This week there was a patient was having a tooth extracted. This was the first time I had seen an extraction and I must say it turned me off the idea of dentistry a bit! The patient's mouth was numbed before the extraction, the Ann-Marie used this look-alike plyers to pull the tooth out of the man's mouth! She had to rock the tooth from side to side before it would come out. Then, while the tooth was almost out, it cracked under the force pulling on it! This caused a bit of difficulty but Ann-Marie managed the situation really well and was very calm about it all.

Who I was working with:
I was working with Ann-Marie and Marrion (Ann-Marie's assistant) this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment